With TimeToPic you can:
- Visualize application behavior on timeline --> See big picture and understand how it is really working. From static view to dynamic!
- Debug timing problems with precise events --> Shorten finding nastiest time related bugs and race conditions.
- Measure usage of resources --> See how things are progressing over time. Does system suffer on leaks or sub optimal use of buffers?
- Measure performance of components --> Instrumenting whole system could kill performance. Once narrowing down problem area, measure component suffering the problem.
With TimeToPic Logger you can:
- Receive system log information to screen easily over socket or stdin --> Standard first line tool for dynamic analysis. Easy to integrate to various frameworks and platforms.
- Filter and search log --> Find relevant quickly from mass of data.
- Write data to file --> Store log for later use or forward data to next level analysis.
- Launch TimeToPic --> Log data on TimeToPic format and with one click start visual analysis.
Current feature list of TimeToPic Bundle apps.
- Zoom, pan & scroll picture using mouse
- Zoom to whole log
- Sort channels by order of appearance from mouse current position
- Sort channels by name
- Sort channels by duration
- Sort channels by occurrence count
- Reorder channels by using mouse
- Resize channels
- Mouse cross-hair with value display
- Cycle color palettes for optimal viewing
- Various visualization modes for value type graphs (step, average, color, dot)
- Value type value histogram
- Value type interval histogram
- Event type duration histogram
- Event type interval histogram
- Automatic level of detail for optimal viewing
- Filter channels by string
- Filter channels by type
- Inverse filter
- Filter channels by visibility
- Calculate event occurrence counts over time
- Calculate event occurrence frequency over time
- Calculate integration for value types over time
- Rate calculation ( delta * frequency ) for value types over time
- Automatic calculation of average level for values on visible screen area
- View values using screen local min & max or channel local min & max
- View 0%, 25%, 50% & 75% levels for value type channels
- Cursor (A-B) measurement for value type channels
- Event type for showing activity that has start and stop time
- Named event type for activity that has start, stop time and comment. Comment is shown inside event bar.
- State machine type for showing state machine activity over time
- Value type for showing values over time
- Support relative & absolute time stamps (time&date)
- ASCII format that is easy to generate by other tools
- Support up to 1 GB log size
- Support up to 1000 channels
- Command line startup parameters
- Remote control API (UDP)
- Help ( this web site documentation section )
- Keyboard reference help
TimeToPic Logger features
- Long display buffer for latest log lines (100 000) with fast scrolling
- Variable&keyword view with real time update.
- Variable compare mode to user marked time position
- Highlight of new log lines that are not seen earlier during session
- Visualize of data bursts. See easily event based activity of program
- Automatic interval calculations between log lines on filter mode
- Automatic interval calculations between log lines on highlight mode
- Visualize TimeToPic events and states on as GraphViz diagram.
- Receive data from multiple TCP/IP & Web sockets sockets. Streams are ordered by time stamps of log lines.
- STDIO logging mode. Forward console output to logger.
- RS232 serial port connectivity with serial2TimeToPic application (Windows only)
Data filtering & search
- Filter incoming data by user defined string. Enter string by using keyboard or use filter builder
- Drag&Drop keywords from variable view to filter
- Click keyword and corresponding rows become highlighted on display buffer
- Click and highligh words from logline. When in paused, result browser list hits and can be used for jumping on display buffer.
- Lauch external viewer for (.txt) log file.
- Server mode. Forward receiver stream into socket.
- Remote control TimeToPic for optimal logging & analysis experience
- Write data automatically to log when session starts
- Start new log
- Log name cycling between log1..log10 that prevents flooding of log file directory
- Demo log for quick evaluation
Command line usage
- Forward console output to logger.. for example
"adb logcat -v time | TimeToPicLogger mode=stdin"
TimeToPic Grapher features
Receive logging data from TimeToPic Logger and show it as picture.
- Show numerical values as chart
- Show messaging between entities
- Export messaging between entities to PDF document